Friday, November 12, 2010

later in the week and catching up

It is Friday! I am about to go for a 3 mile run in new shoes; they are very cushiony so I am not worried about them not feeling good.

I just discovered that I had not set up my blog to send me the comments by email, so, I thought no one had responded! msrevolution and Carrie--I am honored that you are reading and giving me encouragement!!

I have a busy day ahead, cutting, sewing, probably dying and appliqueing. Should be a fun day!

So far, I have not finished anything new on the costume front, but I have made lots of repairs....I have lots more to go!

Now, for the running update---I last posted on Tuesday morning--Tuesday evening, Emma and I went for a run in late afternoon--it got dark quickly and we were out running in dark clothing! Not a good idea! We made it home safely but it made me very aware of how unsafe we were being. Went to the fabric store yesterday (to purchase costume stuff) and bought some reflective tape to pin to our shirts!
I ran again on Wed.--I made it at least 2 of the 3 miles, but still not consecutively.
I am confident that today is the day that I make the full 3 miles RUNNING!!!! I think I can!!!! I think I Can!!!!! I believe I can!!!!! I believe I can!!!!!!! I know I can!!!!!! I know I can!!!!!!
I KNOW I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, today and throughout the weekend, I am sending positive energy for my dear friend (and parishioner) Melissa Hobgood who is running a half-marathon this weekend! I am so proud of her!!!! I want to be like her when I grow up (she is way younger than me.....but still!).

I will check back in later with an update on the run and some pics from my sewing room (ok that is the dining room table!)

No comments: