Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3

Today I thought I completed 3 miles in 35 min. This was walking and running--about 1/2 running. I went back and checked the mileage....it was only 2.8 miles.
But, I will take that. That is still a reduction in time for me, and greater endurance in the running part.

Last night, Em (check out her blog at http://emscorner-ejk.blogspot.com) and I had a conversation about the Gallup for the Gravy 5K. She asked me what kind of time one would need to win...she wants to come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in her age group. I told her that I just wanted to complete the race and run the whole thing. Maybe I should have bigger goals! I must say, I am having fun! I used to run, years ago, while I was in college. That was my form of exercise. I would run 2 - 3 miles about 3 or 4 times each week.
Now, i am wishing that I never stopped!

Tomorrow, I need to head to the gym and do some strength training. I will take a break from the run/walk for tomorrow--or maybe I will use the elliptical...

No comments: