Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
I am looking forward to many things this year--simplifying my household, taking better care of myself, and focusing on relationships.

Getting ready for the Thanksgiving 5K helped me to realize that when I want to do something, I can do it.

Some of my goals for the coming year:
(ok, it is funny....I have several goals inside of me, that I have been musing over for a few days, but I am finding it hard to put them "down on paper" and let you know what they are....ummmm, what does that say about these goals?   Is it fear of failure?  Fear that you will think I am crazy?  or what?  I believe it is that you will know what my goals are and then I will have to be more diligent.   Oh well, here goes--if you think I am crazy, you are probably right! :-)  If I do not succeed at my goals, it will not be for not trying, and that alone is success!  So, here they are:)
  • To run at least 3 miles at least 3 times per week, and train for another 5K (soon), when I am settled into the 5K, then I will strive for a longer race (8K, 10K....not sure I want to go for the 1/2 marathon yet; that will be a part of my 6 mos. evaluation.)
  • To lose some weight, at least 25 lbs.
  • Help my daughters and husband realize how wonderful they are.--Not sure how to do this, but will be working on it.
  • To set up my own business---yes, as clergy I am self-employed, but I want to take this a step further.  I am a wonderful coach and an amazing group facilitator, I want to put these to work for me.  I am certain there will be more of that on my blog in the coming weeks.
  • Clean out my closet. (maybe today!)
  • Clean out my attic. (before it gets too hot!)
  • Have a small group of friends over at least once per month, and have a party at least once per quarter. 
  • Find out more about what is going on in the lives of those around me.
I think that is enough to get me started!

Now, to wrap up some of the end of 2010--
  • pictures of the butterfly costume (sorry I do not have very good ones, because once the costume was finishced I was so busy, I didn't have much time to pick up a camera!)


this is the "butterfly" with "Clara" and "Fritz"
    This is the "butterfly" with "Marzipan" (I didn't make the Marzipan costume.)
    Happy New year!
    

No comments: